Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hot Dog Night


Ah! Saw some wonderful jazz and ran around in the city last night. I´m so happy now. Gabe and I went to see a group called Dead Capo, which I had heard before and which has decent reviews. I think one said the pianist was Debussy-influenced, so I was hooked. They´re Madrileños but make a good effort at funk and blues. Very tight sound. They played some Monk, some surf rock during which the drummer yelled ¨yeehaw!,¨ and the best part was that they ended with a tune called ¨Hot Dog Night.¨ The players kept stopping at intervals and saying ¨it´s been a hot dog night, and I feel all right,¨ so eventually we realized it was a take-off of the Beatles´ ¨A Hard Day´s Night.¨ I guess if you´re in a Spanish jazz band, ¨hard day´s night¨ kind of sounds like ¨hot dog night.¨ Sounds pretty bad, but it was awesome.

The last story I did for WFMY is finally posted: ¨Migrant Workers´ Union Makes Impact.¨ Click on the Beyond the Headlines link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home