Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Cinema and Photography

Yesterday I wrote a nice long blog entry then managed to delete the whole thing when trying to attach a picture. But this time I´m smart, writing it on Word first.

Things are picking up now. Classes officially started Monday, the same day that it decided to drop 20 degrees in temperature and that there was an eclipse. I shouldn´t complain, the weather is actually perfect now. On Sunday I was wearing a sundress and sandals and Monday it was in the 60s or 70s, enough for a long-sleeved shirt. There are zillions of students on campus now, who were all walking around in funny glasses to see the eclipse. For some reason I thought that the ecIipse was Madrid-specific because it was a huge deal here, but turns out it happened in lots of places. North Carolina, anyone? I half blinded myself trying to look at it. Our house is now full of students so there´s always something going on. In a couple hours we´re all going to play soccer near our house, just for fun.

My have my translation class on Monday as well as world cinema. In cinema we waited close to a half hour before the professor zipped in with a gray t-shirt that said LAUGHTER. She´s a lot of fun, but talks faster than a Spanish news anchor. I was able to follow along fine, and besides, we´re supposed to tell all our professors that we´re foreigners so they don´t give us bad marks for grammar.

Tuesday I had photography, and it was more or less what I expected: it´s easier to understand than most of my other classes because the terminology is technical (and also uses many English words -- flash, zoom, etc.), but if I ever decide to take a photography class in the States I won´t have the slightest idea what I´m doing in English. We´re doing fotogramas on Friday, which I assume is a photogram in English, right dad? Then next week we´re making little cameras out of Nesquik boxes, or something like that. Baby steps.

I think someone should FedEx me a poundcake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home